Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
Hours: 40 hours a week
- You will be based in the office and oversee all operational units in the organisation.
- Establish Key Performance Indicators for each operational units and measure progress against each.
- Undertake staff appraisals and regular 1:1 meetings.
- Play a key role in creation and implementation of MEND’s strategy.
- Translate MEND strategy into annual, quarterly and monthly targets – to be measured and reported to the Board monthly.
- Work with the volunteer base and employees to create, update and communicate the strategic direction of MEND.
- Establish and nurture relationships with stakeholders and strategic partners.
- Initiate and maintain excellent relationships with Mosques and Islamic organisations across the country.
Community & Staff Development
- Develop excellent relationships across the country. Visible and accessible across the country with the grass roots Working Groups.
- Nurture talent in various key roles/ specialisms.
- Encourage and motivate volunteer and staff growth.
- Develop and maintain a professional and harmonious working environment that attracts and retains high calibre staff and volunteers.
- Increase the profile of MEND in the community, wider organisation and in the media.
Compliance & Regulatory.
- Responsible for MEND corporate compliance.
- Remain up to date with Political and Media regulatory changes and updates.
Leadership & Management
- Excellent leadership skills; a strategic thinker able to motivate and lead a diverse team of staff and volunteers.
- Engaging presentation skills.
- An empathetic servant leader who thrives under pressure.
- Minimum of 10 years senior management experience in the public or private sector.
- Enjoys working with the grass roots community; experienced developing and implementing programs designed to empower communities.
- Drive results from a diverse volunteer base.
- Establish links with key organisation and individuals in the community.
- Possesses a deep understanding of the political milieu affecting the British Muslim community.
Media & Communication skills
- Confident and experienced appearing in TV interviews and Radio discussions.
- Able to communicate complex ideas and strategy clearly and concisely.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability and willingness to work unsocial hours.
- Either living in London or prepared to relocate.
To apply (or for more information), please:
- email ‘email@example.com’ with the subject as ‘Job Application – CEO’.
- attach your CV, three references and a cover letter (no more than 800 words) outlining why you would be a strong candidate for the role.
Closing date for applications: Sunday 18th November 2018 (midnight).
We regret, only candidates shortlisted for interview will be contacted.