Islamophobia Response Unit (IRU) Caseworker
Location: Based at London Office with some travel required
Hours: 40 per week
Salary: £18,000 - 22,000
Casework, Victim Support & Police Liaison:
- To be the primary contact for victims of Islamophobic hate crime.
- Managing hate crime cases brought to the IRU by corresponding with victims, gathering evidence, and assisting in police reports where appropriate.
- Liaising with local police forces for updates on investigations.
- Managing the IRU Helpline, taking calls daily from victims and witnesses.
- Providing advice, support and referral services for victims.
Data Monitoring and Research:
- Compiling data on hate crime, including victim profiles, perpetrator profiles, geographic distributions, nature of attacks etc.
- Preparing statistics and working closely with Policy Team to produce regular reports and research projects.
- Submitting Freedom of Information Requests (FOI) to local police forces across the UK and compiling national hate crime statistics based on these FOIs.
- Where necessary, assisting the IRU Co-ordinator in delivering workshops within local communities to raise awareness of hate crime and public safety.
- Where necessary, assisting the IRU Co-ordinator in developing public advice resources and education materials.
- Working with MEND’s Media Policy Analyst and Social Media Co-ordinator to share victims’ stories and successful case studies with wider audiences.
To apply (or for more information), please:
- email ‘email@example.com’ with the subject as ‘Job Application – IRU Caseworker’.
- attach your CV and cover letter stating why you are suitable for the role.
- submit your application in Microsoft Word format and annonymise your cover letter as part of our ongoing efforts to ensure unbiased shortlisting for interview.
Closing date for applications: Sunday 28th October 2018 (midnight)
We regret, only candidates shortlisted for interview will be contacted.