Junior Graphic Designer
MEND is looking for a creative Junior Graphic Designer to join our growing team. This role will offer you the opportunity to show your creativity and influence the look and feel of MEND’s design work.
This is a unique chance for a passionate individual to join and contribute to a fast moving organisation whose work online and on the ground has a far reaching national and global effect. Using your creative flair, you will have the opportunity to create cutting-edge promotional and advocacy material. Your inspirational graphic design work will be used to further MEND’s goals.
- Creating design work for events, presentations, printers and website.
- Producing high quality resources and corporate literature.
- Working as part of a design team to produce promotional material for MEND.
- Liaising with printers in the UK and abroad to ensure the production of high quality resources and corporate literature.
The successful candidate will possess:
- At least two A-Levels or equivalent qualification.
- Ability to create print ready designs and promotional material.
- Ability to design content for our website.
- Ability to design high quality publications for corporate literature.
- Ability to create PowerPoint designs.
- Share a deep passion for the objectives of MEND.
- An understanding of Muslim culture in the UK.
Skills and Experience:
- A strong track record of artistic design work
- Highly proficient in Adobe Creative Suite software (including Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator) and an excellent working knowledge of Microsoft PowerPoint.
- Portfolio of graphic design work demonstrating creativity and flair.
- Natural problem solver with the ability to work independently or with minimal support.
- Exceptional task management skills with ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Excellent organisational and time-management skills.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and written skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Proactive self-starter.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced and collaborative environment.
- Must be a team player and work effectively as part of a team.
- Goal oriented and performance driven.
- Dedication and commitment to continuous improvement.
- A positive mind-set which is open to receiving feedback and instructions.
- Diligent work ethic and flexible.
- Dynamism with proven administrative track record.
- Making amends to designs based on team feedback.
- 1+ years’ design experience.
- Experience in motion graphics and animation software.
- An interest and experience in photography and videography editing.
To apply (or for more information), please:
- email ‘firstname.lastname@example.org’ with the subject as ‘Job Application – Junior Graphic Designer’.
- attach your CV and cover letter stating why you are suitable for the role.
- submit your application in Microsoft Word format and annonymise your cover letter as part of our ongoing efforts to ensure unbiased shortlisting for interview.
Closing date for applications: 23 December 2018.
We regret, only candidates shortlisted for interview will be contacted.