Location: Based at London Office with some travel required
Hours: 40 per week
Salary: £20,000 - £25,000
We are looking for an enthusiastic team player with excellent written and research skills to join our dynamic team at the head office in London. You will be an essential part of the research team and contribute to producing high quality analysis and research regarding the contributions of British Muslims and the challenges that face Muslim communities.
Specifically, you will be involved in a variety of projects surrounding issues such as:
- Media output on Islam and Muslims.
- Islamophobia, hate crime, and religiously motivated discrimination.
- Policy development surrounding integration, social cohesion and religion in society.
- Politically motivated violence and measures to prevent it.
- Encouraging the active engagement of British Muslims in political and media institutions.
- Writing analysis and news articles on current affairs.
- Preparing briefings.
- Contributing to submissions for governmental inquiries and the UN.
- Summarising reports, bills, and green papers.
- Contributing to research projects.
- Assisting in the preparation of educational materials and courses designed to empower communities.
- Contributing to research by preparing qualitative and quantitative data collection and analysis.
- Preparing oral and/or visual presentations for speaking engagements.
- Contributing to organisational campaign strategies in response to current affairs.
- Other duties and responsibilities which are not outlined above but which are consistent with the role.
This is a great opportunity for an aspiring researcher to make an impact in a fast expanding organisation that is passionate about improving Muslim participation in media and politics.
To apply (or for more information), please:
- download the full job description below.
- email email@example.com with the subject as ‘Job Application – Junior Researcher’.
- attach your CV and cover letter stating why you are suitable for the role.
- anonymise your CV & cover letter as part of our ongoing efforts to ensure unbiased shortlisting for interview.
Closing date for applications: Sunday 21st October 2018 (midnight).
We regret, only candidates shortlisted for interview will be contacted.