Media and Policy Analyst
Hours: 40 hours/week
- Salary: £25,000 pa
- Contract: 1 Year Fixed Term (subject to 6 months’ probation and available for renewal)
- Location: London office
- Reports to: Head of Policy and Research
- Hours: 40 hour/week
- Holidays: 20 working days (+ 2 Eid days)
We are looking for an enthusiastic team player with excellent written and research skills to join our dynamic team at the head office in London.
You will be an essential part of the research team and contribute to producing high quality analysis articles on news items and current affairs. You will also contribute to ongoing research projects surrounding media output on Islam and Muslims, Islamophobia, policy development on integration, social cohesion and religion in society, and political engagement by British Muslim communities.
This is a great opportunity for an aspiring writer/researcher to make an impact in a fast expanding organisation that is passionate about improving Muslim participation in media and politics.
You will be required to work under the supervision of the Head of Policy and Research and contribute to work in research and policy strands as detailed below:
- Media monitoring and analysis – contributing to analysis of media output on religion and society, Islam and Muslims in the UK and Europe, and Islamophobia.
- Politics and public policy – contributing to projects and reports on British Muslim political engagement, racial and religious equality, counter-terrorism policy, Islamophobia and human rights.
- Project support – assist in data collation and analysis for consultation submissions, policy briefing papers, Islamophobia annual reports and other outputs and publications
- Programme support – periodic review of programme content for community engagement projects on media and political literacy
To apply, please send a CV and cover letter explaining your suitability to the post to email@example.com and use the subject heading “Media and Policy Analyst, MEND”.
Closing date for applications – 18:00 on 5th January 2018