North West Community Manager
Location: Based at Manchester Office with some travel required
Hours: 40 per week
Salary: 24,000 - 26,000
Key elements of the role will encompass:
- Developing and leading both existing Working Groups, and new Working Groups across the North West.
- Coordinating seasonal campaigns in accordance with MEND’s national strategy.
- Developing relationships and partnering with leading Muslim institutions and individuals in the region.
- Delivering MEND’s national campaigns at a local level and maximising participation.
- Working with local Muslim community institutions and groups to drive MEND’s ethos on media and political participation.
- Managing MEND’s media and political education outreach programmes within local communities.
- Presenting MEND’s key messages on various platforms from small community gatherings to large public events.
- Working closely with the national Head of Community Development and Engagement
Essential skills and knowledge:
- Degree level qualification or equivalent.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Work effectively as part of a team.
- Excellent organisational and time-management skills.
- Dynamism and ability to motivate team members.
- Ability to work hard with minimal support.
- Experience of working within the Muslim community in the UK.
- Understanding of Muslim culture in the UK.
- Experience of planning and delivering events
- Be expected to travel across the North West on a regular basis (and to London on an occasional basis) and thus a clean driving licence would be preferred.
- Share a deep passion for the objectives of MEND.
To apply (or for more information), please:
- email ‘email@example.com’ with the subject as ‘Job Application – North West Community Manager’.
- attach your CV and cover letter stating why you are suitable for the role.
- submit your application in Microsoft Word format and annonymise your cover letter as part of our ongoing efforts to ensure unbiased shortlisting for interview.
Closing date for applications: Sunday 21st October 2018 (midnight)
We regret, only candidates shortlisted for interview will be contacted.