Location: Based at London Office with some travel required
Hours: 40 per week
Salary: £25,000 - £30,000
We are looking for an enthusiastic and driven individual to be the lead in developing and implementing MEND’s parliamentary strategy. The successful candidate will be key in building relationships with parliamentarians, unions, policymakers, and partner organisations in order to promote mechanisms aimed at tackling the challenges facing Muslim communities.
- Developing and delivering the MEND Parliamentary strategy.
- Liaising with and answering enquiries from parliamentarians, policymakers, and other organisations.
- Attending networking events with key MPs, policymakers, and other organisations.
- Meeting with MPs and members of the House of Lords to outline the MEND strategy and maintaining these relationships.
- Planning publicity strategies and campaigns.
- Giving presentations on behalf of the organization
- Organising events such as fringe events, parliamentary events, press conferences, exhibitions and lectures.
- Using social media to disseminate key messages
- Briefing key figures in MEND of developments in Parliament.
- Briefing parliamentarians of developments within Muslim communities
- Other duties and responsibilities which are not outlined above but which are consistent with the role.
To apply (or for more information), please:
- email email@example.com with the subject as ‘Job Application – Parliamentary Liaison Officer’.
- attach your CV and cover letter stating why you are suitable for the role.
- anonymise your CV & cover letter as part of our ongoing efforts to ensure unbiased shortlisting for interview.
Closing date for applications: Sunday 21st October 2018 (midnight)
We regret, only candidates shortlisted for interview will be contacted.