Senior Policy Analyst
Location: Based at London Office with some travel required
Hours: 40 per week
Salary: £25,000 - £30,000
We are looking for an enthusiastic team player with excellent written skills and a proven research portfolio to join our dynamic team at our London office. You will be an essential part of the Policy team and contribute to producing high quality analysis and research regarding the contributions of British Muslims and the challenges that face Muslim communities.
- Specifically, you will be involved in a variety of projects surrounding issues such as:
- Media output on Islam and Muslims.
- Islamophobia, hate crime, and religiously motivated discrimination.
- Policy development surrounding integration, social cohesion and religion in society.
- Politically motivated violence and measures to prevent it.
- Encouraging the active engagement of British Muslims in political and media institutions.
- Writing analysis and news articles on current affairs.
- Preparing submissions for governmental inquiries and the UN.
- Summarising reports, bills, and green papers.
- Designing and conducting original research projects.
- Developing and preparing educational materials and courses designed to empower communities.
- Conducting qualitative and quantitative data collection and analysis.
- Identifying potential sources of funding.
- Writing proposals for funding bids.
- Preparing oral and/or visual presentations for speaking engagements.
- Contributing to organisational campaign strategies in response to current affairs.
- Other duties and responsibilities which are not outlined above but which are consistent with the role.
This is a great opportunity for an early career researcher to make an impact in a fast expanding organisation that is passionate about improving Muslim participation in media and politics.
To apply (or for more information), please:
- download the full job description below.
- email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject as ‘Job Application – Senior Policy Analyst’.
- attach your CV and cover letter stating why you are suitable for the role.
- anonymise your CV & cover letter as part of our ongoing efforts to ensure unbiased shortlisting for interview.
Closing date for applications: Sunday 21st October 2018 (midnight).
We regret, only candidates shortlisted for interview will be contacted.