Social Media Co-ordinator
Hours: 40 per week
Salary: £22,000 - 25,000
Key elements of the role will encompass:
- Developing a strategy to build MEND’s online presence to maximise its reach and help deliver its objectives on key platforms such as Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
- Co-ordinating and executing the agreed social media strategy, working with in-house designer, MEND staff and volunteers.
- Managing all social media platforms and developing online strategy for key campaigns, as well as reactive campaigns.
- Creating monthly reports documenting performance and analyzing data to improve social media strategy.
- Actively responding to MEND’s work in a timely manner to ensure a coordinated marketing approach.
- Live tweeting and social media updates during key events.
- Engaging with our online community, responding to interactions and developing online relationship with key stakeholders.
- Delivering MEND’s Social Media Masterclass across the UK.
Essential skills and knowledge:
- At least 2 years demonstrable experience of engaging in social media.
- Excellent knowledge of current digital marketing concepts, best practice and strategy.
- Experience in creating short films/ videos to communicate key messages
- Degree level qualification or equivalent.
- Work effectively as part of a team.
- Excellent organisational and time-management skills.
- Dynamism and ability to motivate people.
- Share a deep passion for the objectives of MEND.
- An understanding of the political and cultural climate affecting Muslim in the UK.
- A willingness to occasionally travel throughout the UK.
Desirable skills and knowledge:
- Experience taking photos using a digital camera (DSLR).
- Experience editing videos using software such as Adobe Creative Cloud Suite.
To apply (or for more information), please:
- email email@example.com with the subject as ‘Job Application – Social Media Co-ordinator’.
- attach your CV and cover letter stating why you are suitable for the role.
- submit your application in Microsoft Word format and annonymise your cover letter as part of our ongoing efforts to ensure unbiased shortlisting for interview.
Closing date for applications: 24 February 2019
We regret, only candidates shortlisted for interview will be contacted.